In a world full of advertising posing as information, most everybody is overloaded. The result of which is we all filter, uses a series of beliefs, biases, prejudices, to rapidly sort what we want to pay attention to and what to ignore. Thinking conservatives open the filter and choose to be conservatives as it is simply what makes sense. That filter is the very reason so many Liberals and Democrats, those who are not thinking about politics, are usually so hard to get through too. If something does not fit the narrative of beleifs from the left, it does not get through.
When we tell such people about how the Democratic Party has become the Socialist Party - or that we are on the brink of an apparently intentional economic disaster, our message is a BIG particle which while true is simply not allowed through their filter. Most liberals do not see the need , nor have the interest, in rethinking any allegiance to party or organizations. Most of these groups they had committed to years ago are not the same today. The NWO, ADL, UN, ...are whom they allow through their filter and these groups and other progressives work very hard to bolster these peoples filter. A filter to the conservative voices - as they want our voices ignored, discredited, mocked, and despised so as not to loose their supporters . This is worked into seemingly unpolitical media such as Hollywood Movies, the selection by the liberal press of what is news worthy and what is not. In essence, whatever does not fit the progressive narrative is either ignored, attacked, or mocked. They know once the filters are lifted by the majority of those that identify as Liberals or Democrats, their passions will be increased and their anger directed at those that lied to them and tried to coral them into giving up freedom and liberty. mocked, and despised.
So what are wre to do?
1) Stop trying to persuade and start trying to educate.
2) Do not challange what they may say by making them feel ignorant - you will only strengthen their filter, instead ask them why they beleive what they do and visit the foundations of their beleifs. Then introduce just enough real information while smiling and empasthizing to make them less certain about these beleifs - then STOP! You only what to introduce them to letting more through the filter, let them bring themselves across.
3) Use the drip marketing technique - that is to the degree they will listen to you or read what you send them small snipits in email or forwards of news articles that they otherwise would never look at. Not to much or you will be blocked, have emails junked,...
4) Invite them out whith you and your conservative friends. Most people are very lonely and when they are surrounded by conservatives, they will doiscover we are not the demons the left makes us out to be.
5) Do not debate, not because you would not win, but because it make it you vs them. Few people want to be or find themselves in a position where they feel the need to defend themselves.
6) When you see a liberal get defensive in posture or language, think of them as bomb that needs to be defused. Get them to laugh, find common ground such as "wow, all politicians are dissapointing: to which you know they will agree.
The Bottom Line: Most Liberals are simply people whom have a set of political beleifs that are false, but a direct attack will never win them over and will infact make them filter out what to them is truly an inconvienent truth (not the movie). That being they need to revisit their entire construct of political beleifs, something they though was settled in their minds years ago. - May the Most Hoigh Save Us from Socialism.