Forums » BREAKING NEWS

SYRIA THREATENS WAR WITH ISRAEL

• Internet Czar
    • 2582 posts
    May 11, 2011 10:54 PM EDT

Debka.com is reporting that:

SYRIA THREATENS WAR WITH ISRAEL:  Syria's top "businessman" (who made his fortune by smuggling weapons to Saddam Hussein's underground fighters) and close associate of Bashar Assad, Rami Makhlouf, has threatened that Syria will go to war with Israel if the US or Europe back the Syrian revolution

IN AN INTERVIEW WITH THE NEW YORK TIMES MAKHLOUF SAID,
    "If there is no stability here, there's no way there will be stability in Israel.  No way, and nobody can guarantee what will happen after, God forbid, anything happens to this (the Assad) regime."  He advised the US and Europe not to "put a lot of pressure on the president (Assad), don't push Syria to do anything it is not happy to do." 

He said Assaid is considering two strategic options, "Going to war against Israel and/or sending weapons shipments to the West Bank and to Israeli Arabs for use in terrorist attacks against Israel." 

He added later, “They should know when we suffer, we will not suffer alone.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/11/world/middleeast/11makhlouf.html?ref=syria

--------------------------------------------------

ALSO, Debka is reporting that Egypt's military rulers are allowing HAMAS to transfer its command center and weapons from Damascus to the GAZA STRIP. 

A quick geography refresher is probably due here so everyone fully understands the significance of this.  There are ONLY 3 WAYS INTO GAZA.  One is through Israel, one is by sea and the third is through the Sinai Peninsula which is controlled by EGYPT. 

Israel of course would not allow Hamas to traverse its territory to setup a terrorist command center within its borders.  And they couldn't get there by sea because Israel would enforce its blockade against them.

So there's really only ONE WAY for terrorists to get to Gaza, and that's with EGYPTIAN PERMISSION.

For thirty years Hosni Mubarak never allowed such an event.  However, as many of us predicted the new Egyptian rulers are allowing it. 

This is directly on Obama's hands
    because he was the one who forced Mubarak from office.  By toppling Mubarak, Obama knowingly paved the way for this.  The Gaza Strip is inside Israel.  This will put Hamas command and weapons much closer to Israel. 

Many of us predicted back in January that Obama was purposely orchestrating the ouster of Mubarak for the specific purpose of making life miserable and putting pressure on ISRAEL.  Now, those of us who were ridiculed for making such predictions - are being proven correct. Because that's exactly what is happening.

http://debka.com/article/20920/

• 408 posts
    May 11, 2011 11:10 PM EDT
    Seems to me they are a bit busy at the moment winning hearts and minds of their own people that they don't kill!
    • 41 posts
    May 12, 2011 12:35 AM EDT

Damn that's seriously serious. I looked at your links because it was hard to believe this is happening while no one is talking about it. But you're absolutely right, that's exactly what the guy said. Israel better watch out.

It's insane how this guy Obama has made the world so dangerous.  Why aren't people seeing it?

This post was edited by Kayne Wilson at May 12, 2011 12:40 AM EDT
    • 3 posts
    May 12, 2011 8:34 AM EDT

To quote a line from one of Tom Clancy's books:  GOD, I miss the Cold War!  Why?  Because both we and the Soviets knew how to play by the rules.  Now we have a bunch who don't know how, and don't want to.  WW III anyone?

• May 12, 2011 9:00 AM EDT
    Does anyone remember the good ole days when we used to support and protect Israel? Shame on you Obama! God protect the men, women and children of Israel and the great land where Jesus walked. I will stand with Isreal always.
    • 41 posts
    May 12, 2011 10:58 AM EDT

That's exactly right Colette! I feel the same way.

By the way, it should probably be mentioned that Rami Makhlouf is not only a close associate of Bashar Assad (Syria's president), but he's his first cousin as well. The point is - he wasn't just speaking on his own behalf. This is the message the regime wants to get out.

This post was edited by Kayne Wilson at May 12, 2011 11:10 AM EDT
    • 1 posts
    May 12, 2011 11:32 AM EDT

PRAYING FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM.

This post was edited by Y ETERNITY at May 12, 2011 11:32 AM EDT
    • 4 posts
    May 12, 2011 2:30 PM EDT

Isaiah 17:1-2, "Behold, Damascus will cease from being a city, and it will be a ruinous heap. 2 The cities of Aroer [Jordan, downwind from Damascus] are forsaken; they will be for flocks which lie down, and no one will make them afraid."

Isaiah 17:9, "In that day his [Damascus's] strong cities will be as a forsaken bough and an uppermost branch, which they left because of the children of Israel; and there will be desolation."

Isaiah 17:14, "Then behold, at evening, trouble! And before the morning, he [Damascus] is no more. This is the portion of those who plunder us ['us' = Israel], and the lot of those who rob us."

This post was edited by Mike Donald at May 12, 2011 2:31 PM EDT
  • May 12, 2011 2:45 PM EDT
    Bet this will confirm where the WMDs went.
    • 29 posts
    May 12, 2011 4:30 PM EDT
    Everything has been so carefully orchestrated. I have watched and read your posts, Jonathan. Everything you have said has occurred. You have always been dedicated to reporting truthfully what you believe to be happening. I appreciate this, but this whole situation scares me for the people of Israel and the Christians of the area. At some point, Israel is not going to take this anymore.
    • Internet Czar
    • 2582 posts
    May 12, 2011 4:47 PM EDT
    Thanks Julie. It's all pretty easy to see if you just ignore everything we're being told! We all must pray for Israel.
    • 55 posts
    May 12, 2011 5:01 PM EDT
    I have to hand it to Israel. They are classy people and great at remaining calm.

Me? I would be weapons-free and on the verge of reducing Muslim countries from 47 to 1 smoking pile of rubble.

I'm also praying that the Israeli's will continue to be granted God's wisdom.
    • 3 posts
    May 12, 2011 5:18 PM EDT
    No, it isn't! And they shouldn't be expected to do it either. I've NEVER doubted that Obscumbo is an evil person - seriously - and he's turned out to be even worse than my worse nightmares! NOW, he's trying to buy the election and use his Black Panther thugs to "guard" the polling places! Just remember, Israel does have the A-bomb, and if they're desperate enough they'll use it! Think of all the little Muslim babies that will be poisoned! (GRIN!)
    • 124 posts
    May 12, 2011 6:54 PM EDT
    Threaten is about all they'll do. Israel would flatten Syria in about a week, and I think Syria knows it. That is if no other country jumps in.
    • 55 posts
    May 12, 2011 6:59 PM EDT
    Mark my words... Obama will fund someone with military equipment who will give it a go. Whether it is Egypt, as controlled by the MB, or Syria, or Iran, or whoever... immediately after a revolution when no one is really in charge is a great time for some individual to get the masses stirred up into another cause... and those people have nothing to lose.
  • May 12, 2011 7:42 PM EDT
    I completely agree Robert.. He will! Obama is capable of anything. The good thing is that Israel is seasoned in battle. They are bad to the bone and they have an awesome leader in Netanyahu.
    • 3 posts
    May 12, 2011 8:29 PM EDT
    Hi Oscar, I agree! It was a close call in '72, but I think the Israelies won' make that mistake again! They were wildly outnumberd in the Golan Heights, but they STILL won! I think a major alert is pretty much the norm for them now.
    • 2 posts
    May 12, 2011 9:16 PM EDT
    You can say what you want about Israel -- that they haven't got the armor of Christ perhaps. But they put up with a lot from the people that surround them, and they do not engage in the worship of power that riddles Muslim culture.
  • May 12, 2011 9:34 PM EDT
    You should watch this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a-4OcXHitQ
    • Internet Czar
    • 2582 posts
    May 12, 2011 9:47 PM EDT
    You can just see Ubamahad's little brain churning away. Align all the powers in the middle east against Israel. Then back them with US support. Then go to Israel and say, "you're all ALONE. But we'd be more than happy to help you. We just need a few little concessions. You gotta divide Jerusalem... you gotta give a lot of land back... but if you're willing to do those things, then we'll be happy to help."

Of course if they do those things it's tantamount to surrender anyway, so they won't need anyone's help because they would have just lost everything! But I'm telling you - that's exactly what President Ubamahad is thinking.