Forums » BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING: FED JUDGE RULES ENTIRE OBAMA CARE -- ***ILLEGAL***

• Internet Czar
    • 2582 posts
    January 31, 2011 4:11 PM EST

The full text of the decision from Federal Judge Roger Vinson is not available yet, but according to reporters who've seen the decision, he's ruled the entire Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. The ruling favors of the 26 state attorney generals challenging the law. The judge ruled the individual mandate that requires all Americans to purchase health insurance invalid and, according to the decision, "because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire Act must be declared void."

http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/breaking-federal-judge-rules-obamacare-unconstitutional#ixzz1CeKf6EM8

• January 31, 2011 4:25 PM EST
    Here is an article with the full ruling. Scroll down the page.

http://blogs.forbes.com/davidwhelan/2011/01/31/breaking-news-florida-judge-rules-against-obamacare-individual-mandate-unconstitutional/
    • 801 posts
    January 31, 2011 4:41 PM EST
    Jonathan Cousar said:

The full text of the decision from Federal Judge Roger Vinson is not available yet, but according to reporters who've seen the decision, he's ruled the entire Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. The ruling favors of the 26 state attorney generals challenging the law. The judge ruled the individual mandate that requires all Americans to purchase health insurance invalid and, according to the decision, "because the individual mandate is unconstitutional and not severable, the entire Act must be declared void."

http://www.sfexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/01/breaking-federal-judge-rules-obamacare-unconstitutional#ixzz1CeKf6EM8

AWESOME!!  Thanks Jonathan.    I hope that Tyrant, Communist, Muslim Brotherhood Loving, Elitist, America Hating, Race Baiting, Dictator bowing, .....I mean Mr President, is happy with this ruling.   

• 408 posts
    January 31, 2011 4:59 PM EST

Celebrate, but brace for overturn on appeal. :)

• 67 posts
    January 31, 2011 5:06 PM EST
    This is Now the check To see if he is Going to move towards the Moderate side ! ! !
    • 2953 posts
    January 31, 2011 7:11 PM EST
    This is very good news. The begining of the pushback. Whether it stands or not it's a message to all that think they can do whatever they want in spite of the people, and constitution. It will be a moral booster to those who were becoming weary of the fight, and a signal to those who weren't sure that conservatives are right. Win or lose in the supreme court it lends credability.
    • 2953 posts
    January 31, 2011 7:12 PM EST
    Now if we can get a court to look at eligability.
    • 14 posts
    January 31, 2011 7:51 PM EST
    That is wonderful news... but this is just a battle, not the war. It will be a long fight.
    • 2953 posts
    January 31, 2011 7:56 PM EST
    Tracy Chaffin said:
    This is Now the check To see if he is Going to move towards the Moderate side ! ! !

Tracy, he thinks he is a moderate, not to mention among the majority.

• February 1, 2011 2:23 AM EST

Holy Cow! I just saw this! This is great news.... Hope it sticks though.  Probably shouldn't dream that big though...

• 801 posts
    February 3, 2011 12:44 AM EST
    The Senate has decided to put the bill up for the vote. Looks like the Supreme court will need to make the final decision. Sadly, our president will keep moving forward with this unless the judge issues a cease and desist order to our government. To do this, a state must request this and non have yet? Makes me wonder how serious they are in stopping this nightmare of govt intrusion into our lives.
    • 1047 posts
    February 3, 2011 1:58 AM EST
    Lesli, this is why I went to DC. I will dream this big, My God and my country are worth it.
  • February 3, 2011 9:38 AM EST
    Amen Miss Diana! You have so much faith... We need to be reminded of how big God is.
    • 104 posts
    February 3, 2011 12:04 PM EST

Ah, Mr. Jefferson do you turn over in your grave, have we awaken you from a peaceful rest? Tell me what is on your mind....

What in the Constitution do these people [liberals] not understand; perhaps it is they do understand it but want not freedom for the citizens but oppression. I see a gentle take over, one lasting years, decades and to this point you have come; now their actions of decades being noticed as caused the citizens to rise up against oppression bearing down up them. Soon it no longer become gentle but turn to despotic government before the citizens and then two choice I see; revolt or surrender, I believe the citizens shall choose the former, God be with them.

The citizens sent to Congress new people in full agreement with the citizens, they tried turning over Obamacare, a judge rules Obamacare uncontitutional; it is clear the citizens do not want it knowing it is unConstitutional, the judge rules it to be as citizens knew; Obamacare is uncontitutional. Yet, the government continues its assault on the citizesns, the senate, with a majority under Obama's wing, decided in Obama's favor, Obama was ready with pen in hand to veto it had the senate turned on him.

You are beginning to experience strong hand rule. No longer will we have the gentle approzch, the left wing take over has passed the tipping point, any opposition shall be received with a heavy strong hand. Meet your new dictator, Barrack Obama, our strong willed, Muslim leader, who shall in months to come take us from a free society to one of oppression and control.

As Mr. Jefferson assumed, we will choose freedom and we will fight back.... God Bless us.

• February 3, 2011 1:55 PM EST
    The federal government hasn't asked for a stay to delay the implementation of Judge Vinson's ruling? Did I hear Megyn Kelly, correctly? So this means the ruling still stands...the entire healthcare law is thrown out. Why hasn't the government asked for a stay? Either they read the ruling and they realized they are toast or they are arrogant and think they can ignore the ruling!

On the first possibility that the government thinks that they can't win, Jay Sekalow on Fox News, just said that the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, which they would have to go to to get a stay, is a conservative court and the government might not even be able to get a stay. This is because the first thing they would have to do is show that they have probable cause to win on appeal. Another interesting thing that Megyn Kelly brought up is that one of the reasons the judge cited in throwing out the ENTIRE bill was that Obama's attorney's themselves argued that the mandate was an essential part of the law and without the mandate the whole law would collapse. Whoops, I guess that backfired.
    • 104 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:03 PM EST
    Though, they could after all ignore it, Obama would have vetoed a repeal so do we think his arrogant highness would do anything different but to ignore the law, he ignores the Constitution does he not? My thought is we are seeing right now, a dictatorship in full swing, or at least they believe they are swinging, they have yet to experience a patriot revolt whereby the swing comes to a complete stop. Watch them run, Obama to his homeland.
    • 2953 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:04 PM EST
    What everyone is missing is as of this very point in time there is no "new health care law" and that all the laws prior to Christmas eve 2009 are still in full effect. Anything the government does contrary to those laws is illegal. They have no legislative or constitutional authority to go forward. If they carry forward with the implimentation right now they are breaking the law. High crimes and midemeanors?
  • February 3, 2011 2:07 PM EST
    Yep! They can appeal it if they want to but they don't have to. If they don't, then it is over...PERIOD! I assume they will appeal it but find it interesting that they haven't yet. Hmmmmmm...
    • 2953 posts
    February 3, 2011 2:11 PM EST
    I have been reading in different places that Judge Vinson made a mistake by not ordering an injuction to stop implimentation. I believe that was a wise decision. An injunction would give Obama an opportunity to argue just the injunction to cease implimentation and have it lifted. Now he has to challenge the whole constitutional issue to be able to move forward.
  • February 3, 2011 2:21 PM EST
    Yeah, the judge didn't issue an injunction because he said that he didn't have to because the whole bill is unconstitutional...So he threw the whole law out so he didn't need an injunction. The states were asking him to throw out the mandate laws and then give the states in injunction against implementing the entire bill. But the judge turned down their request for an injunction because they didn't need one because he decided to rule that the entire law is unconstitutional.